Fight off the viruses with this Immune Boosting Turmeric Tea! Freshly brewed cup of turmeric tea will help you stay healthy during cold winter months.
HOW TO MAKE TURMERIC TEA
What are the health benefits of turmeric?
Turmeric has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that also help boost your immune system. Its most important compound is curcumin. Unfortunately, this compound is not easily absorbed by your body so you need to help it somehow.
And that is when black pepper comes in. Black pepper is added to this turmeric tea simply to help your body absorb curcumin. So it’s simple as that.
Check out this turmeric tea health benefits post to find out more about the power of fresh turmeric tea.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 thumb-size Turmeric Root (fresh_
- 1 thumb-size Ginger Root, fresh
- 1 Orange, small
- 2-3 Fresh Mint Sprigs
- A Pinch of Black Pepper, per cup
First wash turmeric, ginger, orange and mint and start with boiling water for the tea. Peel the ginger and turmeric. The easiest option is to use gloves when peeling it. However, if you don’t mind having orange looking fingers for a day or two, then don’t worry about the gloves.
I thinly slice both the ginger and turmeric and place them in a mug or heat-proof jug. Add fresh mint leaves, a pinch of black pepper (per cup) and 1-2 orange slices.
Pour over boiling water and let it steep for 10-15 minutes before drinking. By the way, you can strain the tea before drinking. If you don’t, just bear in mind that the longer the tea sits the stronger it gets.
- Start off with boiling the water.
- Peel and thinly slice turmeric and ginger. Slice half of the orange.
- Divide all these ingredients in 2 cups/mugs and pour boiling water over. Add a pinch of black pepper and a squeeze of orange juice (optional).
- Let it steep for 10-15 minutes before drinking.
- If you prefer drinking clear tea, simply run it through a strainer.
- Black pepper helps your body absorb curcumin so try not to omit it.
- A sweetener of your choice can be used.
- Orange can be substituted with lemon.
- The preparation time includes 15 minutes of steeping.