Flu season is knocking on the door, and life doesn’t always go as planned and we can end up getting sick. Whether you’re just beginning to feel a scratch in the throat, or are in full-blown flu mode, this year try this homemade remedy, immune-boosting, flu-fighting tea that kills bacteria, loosens mucous, relieves pain and allows you to naturally fight back.
This soothing flu fighting tea is the most simple, effective home remedy for easing seasonal cold and flu symptoms.
Flu Fighting Tea Recipe
The flu fighting tea is made of versatile ingredients and is super easy to prepare only 15 minutes.
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tbsp. turmeric
- 3 (thick) slices of fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Natural Flu-fighting Tea Recipe Directions:
1. Add all ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes then rest for 5 minutes.
3. Add honey and stir, adding more if necessary.
4. Pour tea through a strainer and drink while warm.
Disclaimer: This recipe is for entertainment purposes only. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA; not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.