Does your body urge for a detox? We all have those periods we wish we could just hit the reset button. However, a reset button when it comes to your diet. The proper detox drink will help you refresh, reset, and get back on road.
This celery detox drink is the most simple and effective way to help kickstart your metabolism, boost energy, and improve your sluggish digestive system. Whether you need to restart after a night of sugary cocktails, a month of tasty holiday meals, or just a plain old diet routine, this celery detox drink will detoxify and revitalize you and get back on track.
Benefits Of Drinking Celery Juice Every Day
If drunk regularly the celery juice may help to heal a number of conditions, like:
- Help fight infections. Celery contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and has been used to boost the immune system and fight infection for centuries.
- Lower inflammation. Celery is loaded with antioxidants, including quercetin, caffeic acid, and ferulic acid. Antioxidants are thought to combat free radical damage.
- May lower high cholesterol & high blood pressure. Celery contains a compound called 3-n-butylphthalide which has been shown in studies to lower overall cholesterol and help with hypertension.
- May help in preventing liver disease. Celery diuretic properties can help flush toxins from the body and promote kidney and liver health.
- May reduce bloating and treat urinary tract infections. Celery has a diuretic effect on the body, which eliminates water retention and may help to boost digestion– all of which can lead to reduced bloating.
Celery Green Apple Cucumber Lemon Ginger Detox Drink Recipe
Kickstart your day and boost your metabolism with this refreshing and tangy celery detox drink. When you pair a whole celery with some fresh cucumber, ginger, and lemon, plus a green apple for a little sweetness, you will get a juice that would love to drink every day.
- 1 (small) bunch of celery
- 1/2 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 large green apple
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 -inch ginger root
Squeeze the lemon and peel the ginger and cucumber. Put all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend. Drink immediately or store in a jar for up to 24 hours (in the fridge).